PFLAG Norman is a 501(c)(3) non-profit and is prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. Yet we can, and do, lobby for initiatives in legislation to promote equality, conduct public education about issues relating to the election as long as there is no mention of particular candidates and political parties or their stances on the issues. We also try to make our members aware of initiatives or bills that could cause damage to our beloved LGBTQ community, where discrimination is shown.
- To email the President of United States of America: White House email address
- United States House of Representatives web site: http://www.house.gov/
- United States Senate: http://www.senate.gov/
- Governor of the State of Oklahoma: http://www.governor.state.ok.us/
- Oklahoma Legislature Web Site: http://www.lsb.state.ok.us/
The following e-mail addresses and web link will provide access to city officials.
- Mayor of Norman’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- City Manager’s email: City.Manager@ci.norman.ok.us.
- City of Norman Web Page (City Council e-mail directory) http://www.ci.norman.ok.us/city_council/council_e-mail.htm
Some of the most vulnerable GLBT persons are students in schools who are subject to verbal, emotional, and physical abuse. School board members, administrators, and educators should know of our youth’s issues and concerns. Attending board meetings and speaking up when GLBT issues are being addressed most effectively demonstrate this.
- The Norman Board of Education meets regularly. The meeting schedule and email addresses of board members can be accessed from the following link: http://www.norman.k12.ok.us/directory/boe/